Stretford v Warrington 12&U match at Stretford Leisure Centre, Manchester

Warrington 12&U travelled to Stretford Leisure Centre, Manchester on Saturday afternoon to take on Stretford in a B&D match.   

The team consisted of Tom, Christopher, Fintan, Lily, Tilly, Laura & Ella.

Emily Ireland did a fantastic job of ensuring the team were fully warmed up, going through practice drills and target practice before the start.  Thanks Emily!!


Lively first half with good play from both teams. First shot on goal from Tom hit the bar.  Stretford immediately hit back on the break scoring the first goal.  Another shot on goal from Tom missed and Stretford again broke quickly and scored again.  Several more goals from Stretford came in quick succession but Warrington continued to press and Tom was rewarded in the closing minutes of the first quarter with a great goal.

5-1 to Stretford as we went into Quarter 2


Quarter 2 saw Stretford start the stronger with them scoring on the break.  Fintan made a fantastic save as Stretford continued to press us.  Several shots on goal missed by Warrington and a couple of good saves again by Fintan.  Our defence worked well with Chris, Laura and Tilly continuing to frustrate the Stretford side.  Continued pressure from Warrington saw us awarded a penalty successfully taken by Tom.

It’s 10-2 to Stretford as went into Quarter 3.


Despite Stretford taking an early goal at the start of the quarter, Warrington continued to press Stretford.  A great save from Ella in goal for this quarter, and Tilly, Chris & Laura made some great tackles to disrupt Stretford’s play.  Despite this Stretford had the better of the play in this quarter.

17-2 to Stretford as we went into Quarter4


Quarter 4 saw early pressure from Warrington with two shots on goal by Tom saved. Stretford continued to add to their goal tally punishing Warrington on the break. Tom made up for the earlier misses with two goals for Warrington and Lily added to this shortly later scoring a great goal too.  Warrington continued to fight for each ball with all the team working really hard to the final whistle.

Final score 28-5 to Stretford.