Open Water Events
As the open water season has now officially started, Swim England North West have arranged a varied line up of events. We thought we would share with you all the Open Water sessions that we have available this Spring/Summer for both swimmers & coaches.
- Swim England North West are pleased to announce “Introduction to Open Water – Skills Sessions” for those new to the sport of Open Water on the 2nd & 9th June 2018, at Helly Hansen Water Sports Centre in Salford Quays.
All swimmers must be aged between 12 and 16 and be a member of Swim England. The session will incorporate both theory and practical sessions and include the open water environment, a safety briefing and acclimatisation.
Details and booking can be found on the links below:
- Swim England North West are hosting Open Water Development Days for swimmers aged 12-16 years of age on 3rd & 10th June 2018, at Helly Hansen Water Sports Centre in Salford Quays. This will be by invitation only based from the 800m and 1500m rankings following the Regional Championships which finish at the end of May. The day will include two open water sessions, land training and nutrition for distance athletes.
- Swim England North West and North East Open Water Festival is being held on 16th June 2018, at Helly Hansen Water Sport Centre in Salford Quays, which will also incorporate masters and county championships for Cheshire and Lancashire. Don’t forget to send your entries in before the closing date 4th June 2018. Click the link below to download the entry form.
- Are you currently a level 2 Teacher/Coach and interested in gaining an open water qualification? Institute of Swimming are offering the Level 2 Award in British Open Water Swimming (QCF) which allows current Swimming Coaches, Teachers or Triathlon Coaches to build on their current skills and acquire specialist knowledge in delivering open water swimming sessions. This level 2 award is backed by all four British national governing bodies for swimming; Swim England, Swim Wales, Swim Ireland, and Scottish Swimming. Further details are available on the link below:
- Finally Swim England are hosting an Open Water Forum which is a free to attend on Thursday 17th May at Sports Park in Loughborough.
Please click on each of the links provided for further information or how to book onto each event. If you require any further information then please do not hesitate to contact us don’t hesitate to ask.
Regional Club Co-ordinator